Wednesday 2 January 2013

2013.



Still can't quite believe it's 2013, 2012 has gone crazy fast! Last year didn't have the best start but I finished the year with my favourite person to come out of 2012 and lots of happy memories of the past few months.

I've really enjoyed reading everyone's new year resolutions over the past few days so thought I'd go ahead and post some of my own.

One: get fit and healthy! 
The number of times I've said this now is getting a bit silly but I've been feeling really motivated recently and am pretty excited to start eating really healthily and getting my butt down the gym!

Two: visit my brother in Madrid.
My oldest brother has lived in Madrid for the past few years and I've only managed to get out there to see him once! Rubbish sister. Thanks to the wonderful generosity of my lovely Granny I should finally be able to afford to go and see him at some point this year. Haven't actually told him this yet but no doubt he'll read this.

Three: save some money/be more sensible with money.
Being a student, living away from home and having to pay rent has been a bit of a shock to the system. I've been a bit pants with money so far and considering I'm 21 in less than a week I figure it's about time I managed my money better!

Four: go on dates.
I've been seeing Conor for a good ten months or so now and we've only been on a handful of dates. I've informed him we have to venture out of my house/his flat more this year and go on some kind of date at least once a month, even if it's just a £3 trip to the cinema on orange wednesdays or a walk round one of my local parks.

Five: blog!
I have been the worst blogger ever. I could give a gazillion excuses, but I'll spare you the boredom. Basically this year I'm going to try and be loads better and post regularly.

Six: read more. 
I absolutely love reading but barely read last year so this year I'm going to make it my aim to read at least 12 books.

Seven: be more proactive with uni work.
Basically, don't leave everything to the last minute! I've been a lot better this semester but I could still do loads better. Especially with regards to revision - I have 6 exams coming up and the stress is starting to get the better of me!

Eight: keep a diary.
I want to buy a notebook and write a little something in it every day. I've always tried to keep and diary but failed miserably but at the end of this year I want something to look back on so I can remember all the little things as well as the big.

Hope you didn't find this too boring! What are your resolutions?

No comments:

Post a Comment